*Note: This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.
Goldilocks and the Three Bears is the story for the third art project for the Afternoon of Art Summer Series . (This post is by Emily.)
An Afternoon of Art
We were excited about our third art project from Home Art Studio (2nd Grade) because it had many parts – drawing, cutting, painting, and gluing.
Supplies + Materials
These are the things you need for the project.
Things you specifically need
What We Did
We started drawing.
Design Time! Bowls…
This is me sharpening the design.
My sis cutting out her spoons and bowls.
Next, we paint!
One lesson that I learned is to use a lot of water and a little paint.
Note from Mom: With the watercolor, a little goes a long way. Not much was needed for painting the bowls. Just use a teeny, tiny, little “drop” of paint. You can see in the pic that we used Lakeshore glue. That is all we have, but we highly recommend Elmer’s glue instead.
Here are the materials we used:
- *Sargent Art 12-Count Tube Watercolors Set, Premium
- *Crayola Big Paint Brushes (4 Count Round)
- *Dixon Ticonderoga #2 soft pencil
- *Sharpie Retractable Permanent Markers, Fine Point, Black
- *Fiskars Kids Scissors *Pointed Tip OR *Blunt Tip
- *XL Watercolor Pad, 9″X12″
- *8-Well Slant Tray
- *Magic Rub erasers are our favorite used to erase pencil drawings
- *Elmer’s Liquid School Glue, Washable, 4 Ounces
- Plastic cup for water
- Water to rinse between colors
- Paper towels to blot excess water
- Plastic tablecloth to keep things clean
*Note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a tiny percentage if you make a purchase through my link at no extra cost to you. Read my disclosure policy here.
Leave a Reply